Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Taste Tells

I had an important birthday this year #75!  Sandy my best friend and wife and our funny-funny dogs Boomer and Dutch, celebrated at anchor in the Sacramento Delta.  Friday's was famous for its food.  We made everything, I mean everything, from scratch.  Famous salad dressing companies wanted to make our dressings and sauces.  I would say 'bring it on but there is only one catch,  you must win a blind taste test.'  Office staff would take turns coming to the test kitchen as taste panels. Until I left we continued to make everything, yes, one more time, everything from scratch because 'taste tells'.  My sweet wife, knowing my favorite cake is Friday's from scratch carrot cake, hunted down the recipe, from one of the alumni and made one for me. Wow, was it good, because it was made from scratch and 'taste tells'.

No comments:

Post a Comment