Tuesday, February 5, 2013

EXCELLENCE

LinkedIn
Chris Rich wrote: 

Dan, 
Great to connect, thanks for the invite. I look forward to the book. Make sure you let me know when its published. I'll want n autographed copy of course!!! 
I have many, many fond memories from my 13 years at TGIF from 82 to 95. One of my favorites was as GM in Plantation. The town passed a smoking ordnance and the local yahoo came in and told me to put up plastic non smoking signs in the cafe areas. I called Jim West and 5 minutes later you personally called me and told me to tell the city guy no way was he going to deface our restaurant. A week later you had custom made solid brass Non Smoking plaques sent to the restaurant. I was amazed constantly by our culture of get it done fast no matter what it takes. Like sending a walk in cooler fed ex to get a store open on time. 
When I left I had been the original international guy who developed a large department and signed deals for 51 countries. It was the best time of my life. 

I wish you health and happiness in 2013! 

Chris

Thanks for the memories.
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment